Built in 1941 by Harris Brothers of Bumblehole, Netherton, HELEN is a canal tug of riveted steel construction with a Bolinder diesel engine model 1053. She was built for Joseph Holloway & Co. Ltd of Oldbury to pull coal boats around the Birmingham Canal Navigations. This traffic stopped in the mid 1960s and she was bought privately to pull passenger boats on the Caldon Canal. During this time she was lengthened to 51 foot and a higher superstructure put on. She changed hands in 1999 and was bought by her present owner in 2007. She is one of the few remaining Birmingham tugs built by Harris Brothers.
August 9th, 2022
Viewed 6 Times - Last Visitor from Houston, TX on 09/29/2022 at 10:40 AM